Monday, February 4, 2013

French Country...Heather Style

I've been slowly making my apartment feel more like my home. While I verge on being obsessed with keeping things tidy, I'm not a fan of stark white walls and clean lines.  In fixing my place up, I've discovered my style...french country with a twist.  And this weekend, I added to it a new fireplace mantel!
Before
After!!!
Painting furniture has not been one of my so-called talents, but I think I'm getting the hang of it now.  I'd originally planned on painting a few coats on the mantel and distressing it in places, but after I saw the look of one coat, I was sold.  Confession: I woke up thirty minutes early this morning (sans alarm) and flew to the living room to decorate it after letting it dry all night.  The mirror was a special find...only $39!!!
My $16.99 table lamp
Framed Grandma West's cross-stitched tea towels for the kitchen

No comments: