Thursday, July 29, 2010

Diverting Stress


Within just a few minutes of arriving to work this morning, my To Do list ran off the page. Papers instantly began scattering my desk and at least 10 windows were open on the computer screen. That's when I saw out of the corner of my a very good reminder. The important things in life aren't necessarily seeing check marks next to the list items (though this is important to keep one's job). The little corner on my desk spoke loudly. Flower--a taste of home, and reminder of God's beauty. Candle--peaceful aroma. Picture--reminder of the love surrounding me. M&Ms--have to have something sweet every now and then! So despite the phone ringing off the hook and the requests flying in rapidly, I can remain calm and stress-free because of a small little corner on my desk.

1 comment:

Sueso said...

I'm so doggone proud of you! What a great little post!