Thursday, December 22, 2011

Signing Off

Juliet:  'Tis almost morning, I would have thee gone--
And yet no farther than a wan-ton's bird,
That lets it hop a little from his hand,
Like a poor prisoner in his twisted gyves,
And with a silken thread plucks it back again,
So loving-jealous of his liberty.

Romeo: I would I were thy bird.

Juliet: Sweet, so would I,
Yet I should kill thee with much cherishing.
Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow,
That I shall say good night till it be morrow.

Everyone needs a little Shakespeare to start their morning!  My original intent for the blog this morning consisted of a small dose of whimsy with a splash of sweet excitement.  The dose and splash quickly dissipated as a strong wave of "farewell" came swooshing in.  And then to top it off, Juliet's farewell to Romeo entered my sunroom of thought and won the prize...how's that for a train of thought?  Choo-Choo!

So, it's with such sweet sorrow that I say farewell...until the 4th's morrow. :)

No comments: