Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Brief Update


God is teaching us patience and faith. Patience with him and patience with each other. Faith in Him and faith in each other.
Jesse has been offered a job in D.C., and while we’re excited about the prospect of a new career and even a new place to live, we’re hesitant to go gangbusters. The organization he’d be working with has been slow to send information and sometimes seems obstinate in providing us direction. Because of this, we don’t know if Jesse begins work this coming Monday or in a couple weeks or in a couple months.
We’ll keep you posted on more as we begin to know more, but for now, I just ask for prayer. We need guidance, and I especially need to learn patience. Thank you!

1 comment:

Pam Wilcke said...

Jesse and Heather: Pam here. So glad to know Jesse has been offered a job! I'll pray that God's direction will be clear, and, in the absence of communication from his propective emplyer in D.C., that God will give you patience and a sense of His peace as you wait for details to be revealed. It is exciting for me to ev=nvision you living in the Washington, D.C. area. I loved living there for 16 years, and I miss the MANY MANY opportunities for recreational and cultural activites in and around D.C.--mostly FREE!!! If you do eventually move to D.C. I'll be glad to share my ideas on fun things to do, especially my favorite walking routes! I'm also thankful to hear that Jesse continues to gain strength and put on weight! I will keep praying for the medication to be super effective and for God to heal Jesse completely! In the meantime, blessings to both of you, and prayers for both of you as you manage your lives in the midst of uncertainty , depending on God and waiting on details for Jesse's job. I love you!!! Pam