Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Three Days of Productivity

At one point this weekend, I looked more like Mystique from X-Men than myself.  (Click here to see her).  After attacking our two bedrooms with some very fun colors, I decided perhaps I'd attack some less than beautiful lamps with the same gusto. Apparently, the lamps weren't quite as taken with their new color as the walls had been.  In fact, my hands and arms liked the bright teal paint more than the lamp.  Thus...Mystique.  While I won't advise anyone else to follow in my footsteps, I chose to take a wire brush--a grill cleaner to be exact--to my dainty fingers and palms to rid myself of the awful blue.  Despite my efforts, however, the paint won.  I still have tiny remnants of my failed attempt. 

In the end, we walked away from this long weekend feeling like we had accomplished plenty.  Seven loads of laundry, scrubbed floors, organized closets, bird poop elimination (sorry had to say poop), and a couple hours under sun by the pool.  Weekends like this make me feel so good...perhaps it's the OCD inside me, but the smell of Pinesol and the feel of clean carpet makes my little world a better place.

I didn't spend much time behind the camera, so I'm sorry I don't have anything too exciting to share.  But I did catch Hutch playing Hide-and-Seek last night (though he didn't realize he wasn't fully hidden this time).


No comments: