Thursday, August 30, 2012

Love is Patient. Love is Kind.

There are specific moments in time when I can see God's hand.  Literally see how He healed, answered, or changed.  There is no question in my mind that He cares about both the small and the big.  It was Jesus who opened His arms to the children when the adults tried to shoo them away.

God is both good and just.  He is both merciful and faithful.  His love is unconditional and gracious. He is patient.  He is kind.  He is loving. And He is my Father.

In moments of pain and doubt, it's these truths that keep my head above water.  When the walls seem to close in and the darkness surrounds every part of me, it's knowing that God has already won the battle that gets me through.  There's no question that this past month has been the most difficult time of my life.  Decisions have been larger than mountains, boundaries have been heavy bricks to build, and pain has been a constant stabbing in my heart.  But through it all--through it ALL--God has answered and provided.  He's opened doors when I knew not where to go. He provided paths when I felt lost in a thicket.  He comforted in the darkest hour.

Jesus is faithful.  He is my Father.

No comments: