Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

I don't have photos to share, as I didn't carry my camera everywhere we went this weekend. There was a photographer at the company picnic on Saturday, so I should have those in a couple weeks to share. At the NES picnic, we met a couple who recently moved from Germany. I thought our transition was difficult, but their experiences by far outweigh our own. It was refreshing to chat with folks who knew what a small town was, what it means to spend time with friends, and the importance of time away from work. The woman at one point said, "It's funny how people here think their life IS work. They just don't get it." Needless to say, we hit it off with these folks. Very fun people, and what a fun encouragement to talk to people who speak our same language (the small town folk language). At the picnic, Jesse and I raced up the climbing wall--he reached the top before I'd even taken 5 steps. Next time I won't attempt this fete with bare feet. I also braved the jumping contraption they had set up where you are strapped into a harness and bounce on a large trampoline. You can do flips, but I stuck to the simple maneuver of jumping up and down. Lots of food, beverages, water guns, sun, and more made for a fun afternoon/evening at the park.
Good weekend!

No comments: