Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Reflection of Roses

Despite our bedtime being at 8:30pm these days, I've been following this season of Bachelorette. What's a little loss of sleep? Last night was the finale, where the star of the show gets to pick the man she loves. I really do find the whole scenario very silly, but I'm still intrigued. Even Jesse has given some interest in the episodes. Watching the final rose ceremony last night got me thinking about how Jesse proposed to me, and how our story is way more fun than this fairy tale story on TV. It's so often we gawk at celebrities' fancy lifestyles and maybe even wish we could live a fairy tale dream. Yet, as I sat and watched this story unfold, I kept thinking about how my story is so much better. So while one couple is in Bora Bora getting engaged, I'm spending the rest of my normal, but oh so adventurous, life with an incredible man.

No comments: