Thursday, April 21, 2011

Red & Itchy

People come far and wide to witness the beauty of the blossoming trees.  Trees of every kind wake up from their cold slumber and yawn their dainty buds.  And while I too find the view to be magnificent (especially the Princess Drive--my favorite road to drive under the canopy of blossoms), my body is saying, "No thank you."  A little thing called Allergies has overtaken me.  Runny nose, red eyes, itchy throat, and uncontrollable sneezes that burst with gusto.  Forget that thing they call Spring Fever...more like Spring Sneeze.  Some mornings I look like I'd be better suited to stand in a cage at the circus than sit at a desk for a company.  Now that I go on many walks or quick breaks outside for our dear little boy, those nasty little allergens make their way into my system.  Out of curiosity, I wanted to see what pollen looks like, and not just what it looks like when a car is covered in a thick layer of yellow dust.  And after a quick Google, I quickly understood why I feel the way I feel...
Pollen is pokey!!!  No wonder my eyes are red and irritated.  Of course my throat itches.  Duh!!!

No comments: