Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Escaping City Life

This past weekend, I decided to opt for a walk rather than sitting at the Honda dealership while our oil was changed. Ignoring the warning from weathermen, I decided to brave the heat wave. It was well worth the extreme heat. After about ten minutes, I stopped to look around me. I couldn't see any tall apartment buildings, couldn't see power lines, and best of all, I couldn't hear anything but the Robbins chirping around me. Living here makes me appreciate the quiet times. I thank God for these small moments--little nugget size gifts that refresh me for a long time.


1 comment:

Sueso said...

Have you found Great Fall or Falls yet? (Not sure of the name) You should look it up..at least once. I believe it's on the Potomac, maybe up near the headwaters, or just happens to be a rough part of the river before it slides through the cities...very interesting.