Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Early Mornings

Since signing up for 5K event, one thing has been on my mind: MUST RUN. Each morning, 5:15 flashes on my clock, and the only thing I want to do is snuggle deeper in the sheets. That's when I hear, MUST RUN, and I force myself out into the chilly air to throw on some running clothes. In a sleepy state, I trudge down to the gym, hop on the treadmill, and quickly wake up as I try to beat my time.
While running this morning, I began to wonder why my motivation to train for this race is so much stronger than my motivation to train for a more important race. Quiet times with God come few and far between, and my excuses come rampant--I'm tired, I'm busy, I'll get to it tomorrow. Yet tomorrow never comes, I'm always tired, and I'm especially always busy. Somehow I've stopped listening to the voice in my head saying MUST READ and MUST PRAY. Perhaps 5:15 is going to turn into 4:45 so I can start my day off right. After all, that race is going to take some much heftier training!

No comments: