Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday Ramblings

When I sit down and click the "New Post" button on our blog, I immediately feel the need to draw back and control my desire to share every flicker of thought. Rather than delivering with a slatted spoon, I opt for the big sided one with no holes. When blogging first became popular, I thought it silly for people to share their ever-waking opinions and personal life to the entire online population. Diaries gathered dust as letters faded on the keyboards from overuse. I vowed never to begin a blog--to revolt against the new form of communication. Yet here I find myself sharing our simple life with a daily posting. A photo, a thought, a verse--anything but those streaming thoughts of mine. I clench the creativity back, thinking my ramblings might become boring and insignificant. I tell myself surely the daily updates are far more interesting than those thoughts of yours. And for whatever reason, I decided today to unleash the beast. I'm rambling, and I'm loving it.

Perhaps my blog will begin to take a new form. One searching for clarity, constructing ideas, and yet still sharing those every day pleasures we experience. I've rambled enough for one day, so I'll tame the beast and squelch the multitude of thoughts...but only for now.

No comments: