Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Little Reminders

Our home is scattered with little reminders of people and places we love. Haystack Rock rests in a frame over a bookshelf, candid family photos decorate our bedroom wall, and gifts from the past sit on shelves and tables. Some people like to decorate their homes eclectically, never really choosing a specific style to commit to. I like to think of our own home as not eclectic, but just one big reminder of where we come from and whom we love.
This morning, I redirected my fingers from picking up my diamond stud earrings to grabbing a pair of little heart earrings. My dear friend Susan who lives in Florida gave these earrings to me last year for Christmas. Her encouragement, her hugs, and her ever present smile kept me going on lonely days down in Florida. When I needed a Mom-hug, she was always there to give one. So today, I have little reminders hanging from my earlobes. A little touch of love to make my heart swell in memories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh. I hope she saw this blog! I love those earrings! AND your blogs. Catching up again, I'm afraid ...Auntie Sue SFHA xoxoxo