Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Taking the Mind Captive

After deleting the same sentence about five times, I'm surrendering to the fact that I don't have the appropriate words to describe exactly what I'm thinking right now.  Last night was a difficult evening, and when it came time to lay my head on the pillow and close my eyes, I was bombarded by disturbing thoughts.  Jesse turned off the t.v., joined me in the bedroom, and sat beside me.  He grabbed my Bible and just read.  He read everything he found encouraging, uplifting, and promising.  When I didn't think I could close my eyes for fear of what I'd see, he held my hand and just kept reading.  I fell asleep with Scripture repeating in my mind, and when I awoke this morning, I had worship songs playing in my thoughts.  Thank you, Jesse.

No comments: