Friday, March 25, 2011

Growing Up

The garden is well underway!  It seems every time I go home, there's another little seedling popping it's head out for some air.  The sunflowers are growing so quickly that I've had to prop the greenhouse lid up higher. 

And as always, these simple little things in life have a way of knocking a little knuckle on my head saying, "Yoohoo, what does this remind you of?"  These little seeds would've remained seeds if it weren't for adequate water, nutrients, and plenty of sunlight.  They require an exact recipe to evolve from a dry seed to a green leafy plant.  I'm no different.  On my own, I'm just an empty person, but by God's grace and salvation, the Word, and lots and LOTS of prayer, I too can grow into a healthy woman of God.  And yet, why is it that I struggle daily to pick up my Bible and get the nutrients I need?  Why is it that prayer goes in spurts?  I don't want to be a seed--I want to be a plant.

No comments: