Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sprouts & Sleepless Nights

Sprouts
Not long after I blogged about patience while waiting for seeds to sprout, I went home and discovered five tiny green sprouts poking their heads through the dirt.  Way to go Zinnias!  Who knew one could grow a garden on a cement oasis.  As of this morning, the zinnias, sunflowers, gazanias, and one lone pea plant have sprouted.  By the time Holly arrives, my vegetable garden will be well underway.
Sleepless Nights
Yesterday was vaccination day for Hutch.  Surprisingly, when he enters the veterinarian office, he sprints his way to the back, excited for what is to come.  I just call it denial.  After two shots, toe-nail clippings, and a clean bill of health, we headed home.  When the clock chimed bedtime, Hutch was in no mood to slumber, but we put him to bed anyway.  After listening to him whine and bark for way too long, I went against my motherly instincts and moved his kennel to the living room...far away from our tired ears.  Don't worry, he was just fine--I'm not guilty of neglect.
This morning, I went out to wake him up, only to find him outside of his kennel! Somehow in the process of moving him, the door unlatched because it was evident he'd been playing all night long.  Toys were strewn about, a little pile greeted me on the puppy pad, and his water dish was empty.  To my surprise, there were no potty accidents!  Way to go Hutch!  I guess that'll teach me to try to put a hyper puppy to bed too early.

No comments: