Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Importance of Feeling Dainty


Each new day brings with it an assortment of challenges, and while my job doesn't present itself with severe issues like Jesse's job does, it definitely provides moments of frustration and accomplishment.  So it is with great pleasure that I return to our home each evening to find reminders of who I am.  While I may be a beast on the phone when a contractor assumes I know nothing because I'm a woman, I am just that--a woman. I love pretty things. Camping, digging in the dirt, learning about sports cars--those are all very fun things, but I have to admit, I wouldn't be complete if I couldn't feel dainty.
My talented and creative mom embroidered this beautiful pillow for me while they were here, and it serves as a constant reminder that it's okay to be me...a conundrum of sorts.  I like hanging with the guys, but I also cherish my times spent with my girlfriends.  I like proving myself at work, but I also like relishing in peaceful quiet times with a cup of tea in hand.  I'm surrounded by independent, corporate-minded men and women at work, and while I'd like to think I can fit in, that really isn't who I am, or at least not who I want to become.  Feeling dainty is the icing on the cake, the bowl of ice cream on a hot day, and maybe even the tick to my tock.

No comments: