Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dogs Are Supposed to Sleep

Holly, my sister, used to own a hedgehog.  Pokey was a cute little creature, though he never did allow us to hold him without wearing Dad's hefty leather gloves.  When he walked, he picked up his prickly body as if he was picking up his skirts while scuttling across the floor.  The drawback to Pokey was his nightly activities.  To whomever is considering purchasing a hamster, a mouse, or a hedgehog for that matter, please consider what it means.  Nocturnal creatures are MISERABLE.  At least we thought so.

When picking out my adorable, cute, sweet, little puppy, it never occurred to me that I'd run into the exact same problem.  Thanks to that so-called adorable, little puppy, I have not slept one night all the way through this week.  He cries. He barks. He begs. He roams. He plays.  He does everything but sleep.

It's gotten so bad, I'm considering putting a tiny piece of a Tylenol PM in his water tonight. (No, PETA, I won't give in to my temptations).

On our way out the door this morning, we informed Hutch he had to sleep tonight or he'd be out on the balcony.  I'm hoping he heard us because there's no way I'm leaving my poor adorable baby outside during the night...

No comments: