Friday, January 6, 2012

The Small Things

Shopping after work is never a good idea.  In fact, there should be warning signs posted in the parking garage: "WARNING: tired professionals may find it difficult saying no to the tag."  Okay, so maybe it's not that bad, but it certainly isn't the smartest way to solve work frustrations!  Regardless, I found myself in Nordstrom last night, sliding hangar after hangar across racks in search of the perfect dress.  NES (that's where I work) has its annual birthday party tonight to celebrate its existence (yes, I too find it a tad bit strange).  This cocktail party involves dinner, a Vegas magic show, live music, and lots and lots of expensive prizes.  It's fun, but I have officially run out of cocktail dresses now that I've worked here for two years.  So to Nordy's I went.

I started the adventure by doing something my mom taught us girls.  Pray.  You may think that's odd--praying for a dress, but it says God cares about all things--great or small.  And He answered.  I made camp in the dressing room and tried on a dozen dresses.  It wasn't until I slipped on the very last one that I knew this was it.  With Felicia's help, the Nordstrom attendant, I was in and out of there in less than thirty minutes.  It was then on to shoes.  The gentleman there was most helpful, and with a few trips around the department to make sure I could last in four inch pumps for five hours, I had my pick.  Would you believe I was home in an hour?  Believe it!  Thank you, Lord, for caring for the small things!

No comments: