Tuesday, January 10, 2012

There's snow, and Then There's SNOW

The snow flurries started dancing around 11:00 am yesterday, and by the time 1:00 pm rolled around, the sky was in full performance.  The ice queen had been joined by all of her little fairies.  The flakes were full of moisture--big, wet, and heavy.  It didn't take very long for the trees to be laced in white and the ground to be covered in a soft wintry blanket.  Simply put, it was beautiful.

I tried taking photos of the snow, but somewhere between picking up Jesse from the Metro Station and attacking Hutch with the grooming razor, the photographer inside of me died (or at least went to sleep).  So, this morning, I went online to recover other DC dwellers' photos from yesterday.  I had high hopes to convey what my beautiful wintry wonderland looked like.  Only to find umpteen photos of this:
Snow in DC...Can you even see it???
Oh boy...have we got a long way before these city folk understand what beauty is! At first I thought, well perhaps they were so excited they started taking pictures before the snow started to stick.  But, after clicking through more photos than I'd like to admit, the photo above represents the theme of most of them.  So I guess I was the only one who was surrounded in white yesterday (perhaps it was all a dream).
I was able to find this one though...
This is almost what I saw...though I promise you, the trees WERE completely white when I left work last night. Next time I won't let the photographer inside me fall asleep. 

No comments: