Monday, January 9, 2012

Quiet Time

Date Night. Quiet Time. Appointment with God.
They essentially mean the same thing--setting everything else aside to spend one-on-one time with God.

I wish I could say I was diligent about my time with my Creator.  Ever since I can remember I've struggled with staying on track with this habit.  And how timely for our youth group to begin discussing this when I, as a leader, need to crack down on it myself.

We challenged our small group to meet with God at least three times this week--in prayer, through the Bible, in silence, or however He asks you to meet Him.  I've challenged myself to meet Him once a day for a month in hopes that I can build a habit. 

I'm not a Christian based upon my daily talks with God, but my growth is dependent upon it. 

No comments: