Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Never Let It Go To Waste

I am notorious for allowing fruit to go bad.  Bananas slowly earn their blackened bruises, and the apples...well the poor things just age and get saggy.  Gross, I know.  But the good news, is they never go to waste.  While I may not attempt to peel the limp banana for a healthy snack, I will certainly stick it in the freezer for later treats.  Bread, muffins, smoothies, pancakes--the options are limitless.  And thanks to yesterday's experiment, I now know that softened apples (far from rotten, I promise) make perfect apple pie.  Yumm!
Happy President's Day, Mr. Washington...I baked you an Apple Pie.

As I was cutting the pie, Jesse asked me, "Did you take a picture first?"  Apparently he has been aware of my habit of capturing these insignificant details of our life for our blog.  I'm sorry to say that my mouth-watering appetite for apple pie stopped me from grabbing my phone for a quick photo.  But you can believe me when I say this one was the best looking one I've ever made.  :)

No comments: