Monday, February 6, 2012

The Story Behind the Title

A blog of many words wouldn't best be described by the title: When You Say Nothing At All.  This particular blog may be better described with something like "Chatterbox Central" or "The Talk Depot." But there's more to our title than what some might presume.
For some, it's just a song title. For Jesse and me, it's a beginning. I've been a fan of Alison Krause for quite a few years, and I can remember the first time I heard this particular song. My Dad and I were in the car, and when he caught a few of the lyrics, he turned up the volume. After the song, we discussed the meaning. I can remember him telling me that when a man loves a woman so deeply, he is able to prove it without convincing; without telling her. His actions show his love.  This song has always had a special place in my heart.

Zoom forward about ten years: I was dating a guy named Jesse Field, and we were at my parents' house out at WildHorse Canyon. We were playing a board game upstairs, and I absentmindedly hummed the tune to my ever favorite song. It was my turn to play, and as I realized I'd slipped and started singing the words, I saw that Jesse had frozen. I didn't think too much of it; I just figured he was being his normal goofy self.  Later that evening he explained his reaction. Prior to meeting me, he had told his friends that if a woman ever sang that song to him, he'd know she was the one.

And so...well, I guess that just about sums it up, doesn't it.

Favorite Picture Of The Week...
Life doesn't get much better than that...

No comments: