Thursday, May 10, 2012

Adventure

For some, adventure means setting out into the great unknown, conquering towering mountain peaks and forging mighty streams.  But for me, adventure comes in much smaller doses. Though I would not turn away from a crazy adventure that requires clouds of bug spray and globs of sunscreen, I do like to find fun in the little things.

Like almost losing a bike on Arlington Blvd...
My boss is gone this week, so I have the perfect opportunity to get all of his personal tasks out of the way.  One of those tasks was to install a hitch on his vehicle, purchase a bike rack, and get it all put together by the time he returns.  Simple?  Ideally, yes--but whoever said we lived in an ideal world? (Believe it or not...I Googled "Ideal World," and sure enough...it's a song title...a Christian song none the less. Oh boy).
Anyways, I digress.  The catch is that the bike is no ordinary bike. It's about three and a half feet longer--it's a tandem.  The bike pros at the shop looked at me like I was nuts, but I insisted there HAD to be a solution. In Andy's world, there is always a solution.

On the journey to finding this so-called solution, I almost fell out the back of the Escape along with the bike, we almost got rear-ended by some foolish man not paying attention to the yellow light in front of us, and I somehow managed to gain about ten bruises from the whole excursion.  THAT is what I call ADVENTURE!

I'm proud to say, we have lift off! Installing the bike rack today!!!

No comments: