Monday, May 14, 2012

Thank You, Moms

 "My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her." -George Washington


Mom's are encouragers, comforters, guidance counselors, nurses, professional cooks, and the best source of a hug there is. 

There are several women in my life who helped raise me.  Sue Bastiani kept me in line, not afraid to point me in the right direction when I was a tad bit distracted at school and youth group.  Becky Nagle encouraged me to maintain a joyful heart amidst trials.  Darlene White looked out for me when my best friend moved away in seventh grade.  Nancy Fernandez welcomed me into her home during holidays when I couldn't afford to fly home from college.  Renee Walker adopted me into her family and made me her own.  Bobbie Burke provided mom hugs when my mom lived thousands of miles away. I am forever grateful to each of these women for blessing me with their love.  The most difficult part about living away from family is their absence, but the biggest blessing is getting to share love with others.

And then there are our real moms.  Judy Nelson and Donna Field.  These two women, in their own separate ways, reflect Christ's love.  Donna's ability to trudge forward after the loss of her husband and her desire to share that hope with her children is a trait I'm not sure most have.  She knows how to make any sort of situation a better one, and boy does she have a knack for making people smile.  If you spent just one day shadowing her, you would soon realize that her heart is with Jesus and everything else revolves around Him.  She is my role model for being a woman of God.  I'm thankful to have her as my mother-in-law.  Judy West Nelson...the one and only (she'll hate me for saying that) is by far my biggest encourager.  No matter the dilemma, she always has advice and wisdom.  Her heart is captivating, and the joy that comes from her is contagious.  Put her in a room full of people, and you'll soon have a party.  From before I can remember, she's had the best hugs, most comforting touch, and she has always tried her best to be the best mom she could be to us.  Jesus' love runs deep through her actions. 

Thank you to our moms for your faithfulness and unconditional love!

No comments: