Thursday, June 21, 2012

Off Kilter

So often we find ourselves feeling out of place, like an itchy wool sweater on a hot summer's eve.  We're not quite sure how we arrived there, but there is no doubt that we don't belong.  This is the place in which I've lingered for the past couple of weeks.  In a daze almost, I've carried about my standard routines, all the while feeling a bit zombie-like and completely un-Heather. 
Two nights ago, however, I snapped out of it.  I threw that icky wool sweater aside and donned a summer dress and sunhat to boot. (Pardon the terrible metaphor).  With vigor and tenacity, I came alive.  Heather was back. 
I can't tell you what made me "return" or why I had even "left," but I can tell you it feels really good to be back. 
Speaking of off kilter...Hutch's hair needs some attention!

No comments: