Thursday, July 19, 2012

Mooo

Not sure if it was Jeanette Oke's influence or the peaceful drives on Lewis & Clark Rd. that stirred a desire in me to own a farm.  Whatever it was, that dream still exists today.  Whenever I find myself on a country drive, meandering through foothills and sprawling valleys, I can't help but imagine how it might feel to wake up to my own piece of land.  I will never be a city girl, and while I'm not a naturally-born farm girl, I definitely have the drive to "get 'er done."
My cow sits up on my shelf at work, causing several inquiries.  All I say is, "I love cows." But in all honesty, I love what cows mean...besides the fact that they have BEAUTIFUL eye lashes.  It means a simpler life--slow paced, hard working, gratifying purpose.  They mean lemonade on the porch, knowing your neighbors, living off the land God created.  Cows mean unexpected hardships, conquering achievements, and lifelong lessons.  Cows mean country, and the country is my heart.

No comments: