Sunday, July 15, 2012

An Unexpected Saturday

As I learned from Secret Garden, "Pride goeth before the fall."  I should have kept this in mind on Saturday morning as I boasted to my dad about how the Groomer we use for Hutch is nothing but the best.  You can imagine my shock and utter surprise when the groomer apologized profusely for cutting Hutch's paw.  It wasn't until half way home I realized there was blood spotting my jeans and quickly understood that this so called "cut" was a tad bit more serious than I was led to believe.  Jesse and I bandaged him up to try to get the bleeding to stop, and I have to say it was difficult to know what to do as this was the first time Hutch actually acted like something was wrong.  At first he avoided me all together--after all, I was the one who took him to that place. (I'm chuckling don't worry).  After he got over that mood, then he wouldn't leave my side.  Whether he was snuggled up in his bed, as I sat beside it, or he was cuddled up in my lap...he just wanted love.  (Typical sick boy).
Thankfully the bandage & pressure worked, and his paw is healing up nicely.  Not so sure we'll be returning to that "nothing but the best" facility though...

No comments: