Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Must Clean. Must Bake.

Last night felt like college finals week all over again.  There was no homework or studying to be done, but there was an unending focus on one big, and very important project at work.  We go in front of a military branch this week to propose a design, and whose job is it to get all of the supporting data together?  Yours truly...and she's truly pooped.
Fifteen Excel reports later, and I think I have it set, but oh boy, am I tired of crunching numbers and adjusting cells.  I've used more math skills these past two weeks than I have in the last five years.  It's so excessive that I called my dad to tell him he'd be proud of my use of percentages and fractions.
So, just as I used to do during finals week, last night I reverted to my two favorite stress relievers: baking and cleaning.  The bathroom had no chance against my rigorous scrubbing.  The flowers are deadheaded and looking perkier than ever.  My kitchen counters and stove top haven't sparkled like this in ages.  My coworkers are enjoying some tasty banana bread this morning.
The body is a curious thing (at least mine is).  There I was, extremely tired, yet the last thing I could physically do was sit down and rest.  I was itching to release the stress and frustration.
I think I prefer my stress relievers...everyone benefits!
On a lighter note...Hutch is doing better.
Mr Independent

No comments: