Friday, April 16, 2010

Missing What We Don't Have

Not sure what it is about today, but I'm missing our friends and life back in Florida. It's silly how when we were there, I imagined a better life away from the humidity and cement fortress. But goodness, now I miss it all so very much. Our schedule, our friends and church family, my job, and the slower-paced life. This makes me realize that instead of complaining about the things I don't like here, I want to focus on what we do enjoy. I don't want to repeat this silliness.
Some fun at the Epcott Center

Costume Skate party with the middle schoolers. How we miss our friend Lynn!

Who would've thought we'd become NASCAR fans? Now that we live away from the racing city, we find ourselves watching races on TV! I do miss my NASCAR family.

1 comment:

The Janiszewski's said...

Wow.....Our friends who have moved from here to CO just came back for a visit and they want to move back! I have felt MANY times like you have....that life would be better away from the humidity, but I guess I do need to enjoy this. Our friends miss it for the same reasons....the church and friends. Well, I'm glad we can stay in touch via the blogosphere!