Monday, April 12, 2010

Weekend Projects

Jesse surprised me by taking me to Ikea to pick out new bookshelves for the guest bedroom. We were in desparate need of book storage, and both of us were getting weary of the boxes stacked up in the corner. On Friday night, we ventured to Ikea and found just what we wanted.
Here's the tall book shelf, which surprisingly filled up quickly...I suppose a library is a must in our dream home some day.

Here's the wall of shelves with a desk attachment. Jesse loved this desk, and it works very well in the room. We'll work on the guest bed next month...

I've wanted to plant some flowers on our porch for quite some time now, but haven't had the chance to get to the store to pick them out yet. In the meantime, while moving everything around to make room for the new furniture, I found a little box that said, "mini sunflower garden." My mom is notorious for finding these little treat boxes and giving them as gifts. I planted my mini sunflower garden and am anxious to see how mini these little sunflowers turn out to be!!!

No comments: