Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Then Again, Maybe Not

I imagine Christmastime back in the "olden days" was not as easy as it is today.  When I think of Christmas, I envision garland framing front doors, trees lighting up the front window, trays of sugary treats, and spending evenings inside gathered around the fireplace.  Back then, it probably meant braving the blizzardlike chill to grab another stack of firewood to keep the oh-so-cold cabin warm and rationing food to make sure it would last through the winter.

I often say I wish I lived in the "olden days," as I really do think I would've fit in...but after considering the then and now surrounding wintertime, I think I prefer the now. :)  What would I do without the luxury of my glue gun and paper cutter?  How would I relax if I didn't have an electric mixer or gas oven?  Just a thought...

Anyways, my gifts and baking are well underway.  Invitations and Christmas cards are in the mailman's hands, and now all I have to do is finish up a few more tasks, and we'll be set.  Oh, how I love this time of year!!!

No comments: