Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Stuffed Dog: $25

It all started with my obsession of stuffed animals.  I have a mother who never quite grew out of her love for plush toys, and she passed that along to her two girls.  Between the two of us, Holly and I have enough stuffed animals to fill the west side section of Toys R Us.  At one time my collection of friends was out of control, so my parents installed a corner hammock.  All of my beloved companions lived on Hammock St. for a while, until the block party was too rambunctious, causing the street to cave in. 

More than often I will find Hutch positioned like a stuffed toy.  Whether he's sitting, laying, or sprawled out in relaxation, he has a knack for appearing fake...or should we just say adorable?  He's too cute for words sometimes.  Today after we took our daily lunch walk, he sat down and just waited patiently for me to release him from the confines of his leash and harness.  And even when those were removed, he still sat there, looking up at me, waiting patiently for his cookie.  The only thing that moved were his long black eyelashes, as they adoringly batted my way. 

I still love stuffed animals, and I happen to have made my past imagination come to life through this tiny dog.  I no longer need to imagine a dog running down the hall beside me or a teddy bear that warms my lap...I've got one!!!

No comments: