Wednesday, December 21, 2011

TWO MORE DAYS!!!

I never believed in Santa Clause.  Not sure if this is because my parents never pushed the subject, or if I was simply too mature for my own good (yes, that's sarcasm). 

Regardless of the reason, Christmas Eve night was met with excitement and several sleepless hours.  I normally slept with my door open, but on Christmas Eve, Mom & Pop Elves would shut my door so they could scurry about and fill our stockings.  My bedroom was positioned over our living room, so I could hear the crinkle of plastic bags and the soft murmur of my parents' excitement.  Christmas Eve required patience and a good dose of self-control when I was tiny.

That has carried out to present day.  If you measured my excitement at this very moment, you'd see the arrow swing off the charts.  Only two more days distance us from spending ten days with family.  My To Do Lists are starting to get attention, and by my attire as of late, you'd realize I've already packed my clothes.  It's not Christmas Eve, but this is so much better.  Mom & Pop Elves are the gift themselves!!!

No comments: