Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Dull & Mushy


My brain is out of practice.  Without exams and research papers, I’m afraid it’s gone to mush.  Now, instead of excelling in historical facts and grammar etiquette, my brain recalls names of military officials and IT processes. Ask me about the components of a network, and I could break that puppy down in a matter of minutes.  Ask me who shot JFK or what year WWII ended…and you’ve lost me.  The fact of the matter is I’ve forgotten much of my school history, science, math, and yes…English.  I’m out of practice, and painfully showing.  
I decided it was time to begin challenging myself again.  The road may take me by way of an online class or a weekend course at a community college. But for now, it’s taken me to lumosity.com.  I’m strengthening my brain function daily by doing silly little puzzles.  The funny thing is…I’m already improving!  Check it out at: http://www.lumosity.com
It only takes about five minutes each day (or more if you buy the package rather than doing it free like me), and it’s quite amazing to see how fast you improve.  Get ready to pull out your math skills and memory game techniques—the game is on!  Operation Brain Sharpen.

No comments: