Sunday, October 14, 2012

Jesus: 10...Sin: 0

When the heart hurts, sometimes it literally throbs. A sharp pain stabs at the inner walls and wants to break free, screaming loudly and releasing the pressure built within.  Yet the only escape from pain is to take a deep breath, let the tears roll, and focus on God's grace and mercy.  I can't imagine what Jesus felt on that cross.  The amount of sins and hurts pressing down on Him was larger than the world, and yet he hung there, pierced and broken, taking it all in for YOU, for ME, for ALL.

I hurt right now--deeply.  I've disappointed loved ones.  Friends have chosen to let go.  Silence is deafening.  And yet--and yet--my pain is nowhere close to the pain Jesus bore on that cross from the very things I've done and the very things done to me.  Sin is mighty. It is big.  It is real.  But Jesus Christ MY Savior is mightier and so much BIGGER.

So while the stabbing pain in my heart feels crippling at times, I have strength knowing that I am saved from the very things causing that pain.  It can't rule me. It can't beat me.  The fight is already WON.

No comments: