Monday, January 7, 2013

Missions Impossible

I was on a mission this weekend--several missions in fact.
1.)  Find an electric fireplace with a mantel on sale. Status:  Unfound, and unconvinced it's possible.
2.)  Make a decision on a second pet.  Status:  Waiting to hear back from an English Bulldog breeder in Richmond, and currently on the waiting list for an orange kitten at the local shelter.
3.)  Refinish the dining room chair.  Status:  Still ugly as ever.

Burlap with Flair
So while none of my missions were completed, I did make some progress on some.  I won't be buying an electric fireplace just so I can have a mantel in my home.  After visiting seven stores, shopping numerous online retailers, and continually coming up empty-handed, I decided perhaps now was not the time.  My beautiful mantel idea will have to wait.  Additionally, I'm waiting to see what comes through on either a dog or a cat.  The puppy is already potty-trained by the way.  And the chair can wait.  Motto from this weekend: WAIT.

What I did accomplish this weekend was baking chocolate chip cookies, cleaning my home, creating a new wreath for my door, and watched the Seahawks slam the Redskins into the ground (Sorry, RG3).  Over all, it was a good weekend....now if I'd just get a call about that adorable puppy.


I came across this photo on my phone...one of my all time favorites!
Kelton keeping mommy warm

No comments: