Friday, January 4, 2013

Settling In

Getting back to the grind has proven to be harder than expected.  It's funny how quickly my little ears got out of practice from ignoring apartment noises.  I've considered posting a sign near the public stairway saying, "Please walk quietly--I hear every step!"  But, then I realized it just sounds creepy, and if I were the one walking, I think I'd stomp harder out of spite.  So instead, I place a pillow over my head, and resemble my father as I sleep.

On a positive note, it's good to be back on a schedule and return to some projects I've been looking forward to.  I have a dining room chair to repaint and upholster and a crazy quilt to begin. Winter is still around me, and I'm set to make use of the time inside my home.  It doesn't hurt that I also have a massage waiting for me tomorrow morning....I'm spoiled, I know.

Happy Weekend, and stay warm to those who have white winter lands outside their doors.

No comments: