Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Feel Inspired

Running on little sleep this morning, I can't help but look out the window and smile at what sits just thirty feet away.  Pink tulips have peeked through the recently mulched beds.  Purple pansies and yellow something-or-others (sorry, Dad, I have no idea what they are) blanket the tulips' toes.  Simply put, it's beautiful outside.  And beauty inspires me. 

I chose to ignore the weatherman this morning when he said, "Winter has returned."  We awoke to freezing temperatures, but I donned a spring dress anyways.  Seize the day!  I'll admit my legs weren't too happy when the brisk air hit them, but I'm making up for it now with a Snuggy and a space heater.  Everyone needs an emergency-kit Snuggy in their office.

Bare toes and all!
I suppose growing up around nature and being hammered with Save the Earth slogans in Oregon has naturally given me a taste for the outdoors.  I'd easily opt for a hike through a mossy forest over a trip to the mall anyday.  But despite that, there is such wonder in watching God's creation come back to life after its dormant sleep.  A couple years ago, Jesse and I spent Easter at my cousin's home in Spotsylvania, VA.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with this strangely named town, it's the country. It's the south.  On Easter day, we woke up to see tiny green leaflets sprouting on all of the trees.  It was magical...but more so, it was God's imagination in slow motion.  We'd gone to bed with bare trees and awoke to dainty dresses.

There are numerous things in life that inspire me.  Culture and family traditions, worship songs taken from Scripture, life-changing experiences, and sometimes even a good cooking show.  But I think the most inspiring and moving factor in my life are those that help me see and hear God.  His creation is one very large "good morning."  It's impossible to ignore the way our world is weaved together so meticulously.  Whether it's the dark hues of fall or the bright pops of color, I am inspired by His hand on this world. 

No comments: