Friday, March 9, 2012

My Very Own "Larry Nelson"

There is a coined term in my household that most others wouldn't understand: "Jeffrey Hull."  Walk inside several folks' homes within a ten mile radius of Cannon Beach, Oregon, and you may hear, "This is the most recent Jeffrey Hull we purchased. Don't you like the contrasts?"  Jeff is an incredible watercolor artist.  He can capture a moment in time on the beach with his paints better than most photographers could begin to attempt.  My parents happen to love his artwork, and they value his friendship too.

Well, I'm proud to say I'm coining a new term.  This time it's "Larry Nelson." 
*Don't blush, Dad.*

A package with my name on it arrived at my doorstep yesterday evening, and my heart skipped a few beats when I saw the return address appropriately reading "Dad."  By the flat shape of the box, I dared to hope what might be inside.  This year, Jesse and I decided to give my dad a unique Christmas gift.  We sent him to watercolor classes, knowing it was one of the mediums he didn't feel comfortable with.  For those of you who know my dad, you know full well that he's a talented man.  Now that he's taken watercolor classes, I'm not sure if there is a form of art he can't do....welll, I take that back.  He can't dance. :)  Anyways, after just three classes, he's practically a pro.

I'm thinking about opening up a gallery...
Sorry for the awkward angle--I was avoiding my reflection in the glass


No comments: