Friday, April 13, 2012

Don't Be a Hater

The term "hater" is highly overused in this area.  I'm sure it's already been archived in Los Angeles by now, but over here in the East, it's thrown around continually.  Not sure what I'm talking about?  Here's an example of a hater:
Tom: "Wow, that sunrise is beautiful this morning."
Shelly: "Yeah, but I wish this weather would stop being so filthy hot and sticky. It sucks."

Basically, a "hater" is someone who is so focused on the flaws of another or even of life in general that he or she is unable to see the good in anything. You used to call these people "Negative Nancys."

I would never qualify as a bubbly person. In fact, I often take life way too seriously.  (Here's your sign)  But, goodness, I never ever want to be associated as a hater.  These people suck the life out of everything, leaving any amount of joy trampled on the side of the road.  There is too much in this life of ours to rejoice about.  We have it so easy, and we are blessed beyond belief. 

So, here's to the "lover" ...  hmm, I wonder if we can coin a new term? :)

HAPPY FRIDAY...pray for us...we're getting ready to pull a crazy 48-hour weekend, and Jesse came home yesterday with a fever and chills. He's in bed now, but pray he can bounce back enough for the retreat this weekend.  Thank you!

No comments: