Thursday, April 19, 2012

M.I.A.

It's no coincidence my blog has been idle for the past several days.  Between the 48 hours of youth frenzy and the unusual work hours for both Jesse and myself, I just haven't had the energy to sit down in front of a screen to recount the days.  In fact, it's been several days since I've even had time to sit in front of a computer screen at all (which, for all of you who sit in front of a computer every day, you've gotta try it--working away from the desk is rejuvenating!).

The high school youth retreat was a hit for both students and leaders alike.  While I only got nine hours of sleep the whole weekend, there was plenty of other energy sources.  Like when we watched our girls bravely approach a homeless man and offer him food and conversation.  Like when one of our girls embraced me in a big hug and thanked me for being in her life.  Like when we danced to a steady beat at one o'clock in the morning, waving glow-in-the dark sticks in the air.  Like when we watched our group worship Jesus without holding back.  The whole weekend, despite the various hiccups that most youth retreats endure, was a success.  There were at least four students who accepted Christ, several students who recommitted their lives, and at least 50 students who bonded with each other and their leaders.  Check out my facebook page for videos...

Now it's back to the grind of work and catching up on house chores.  Our refrigerator has seen better days, and the food staple in our house right now is cereal and crackers...yes, it's time to visit the grocery store. 

And just really quickly before I sign off...something I've learned this week...when things don't seem to go your way, find a new way.

No comments: