Friday, April 20, 2012

The Green Grass Grows All Around

There's a moment in time when the phone stops ringing and silence fills the gaps between busy and still.  The moment is swift and prey to being missed, but when it's captured, oh boy, is it something!  Significant and worth the wait, these tiny segments of time are sometimes all I need to trudge forward through the waring tide of life.

This week was a doozy if I ever knew one. Monday greeted us with clear blue skies, and if it weren't for the constant reminder of God's love, my empty tank of energy could've easily driven me into a ditch. There wasn't one normal day between our two schedules, which meant we were up early each morning and running on turbo speeds throughout each day.  Each night my head hit the pillow like a weight at sea.

Thanks to the snippets of peace that found me at random times during the past five days, I did get through the week.  Without going into too much detail, I have been challenged to love in areas where it's not so easy.  My heart aches and it wants to flee, but Truth tells me to stay put.  My weary mind gives reason to selfishness, yet Patience turns me around.  Sometimes when it's the hardest to love, I wonder how Christ loves us so much. His beloved is in turmoil yet he continues to seek and find.

Despite what I feel, there is reason in what I know.  The grass is not greener on the other side.  The grass is greenest where you choose to water it.

No comments: