Sunday, August 7, 2011

Hi-Ho, It's Off to Read I go

With a passing storm forecasted for Saturday afternoon, Jesse and I tried to enjoy the outdoors before the rain decided to visit.  As mentioned before, we purchased a dog carrier for my bike so we could avoid being mindful of the time while biking, but in less than two minutes of using it, we realized the advertisement was anything but true.  Hutch loved his fifteen minutes of wind in the face ride, but the bag was no match for the ride.  Disappointed and upset, we reloaded the bikes on the rack and trudged home.  The remainder of our weekend has been spent RELAXING.  Here's a peek into our weekend...though I don't have a photo of how it all began...we took Hutch to an Irish Pub in Old Town Alexandria and ordered him lamb stew!!!  Everyone around thought he was the cutest thing, which of course I think he might be. :)
I'm still working on getting through my last two books before I can enjoy my nook.  I'm not complaining--a quiet morning filled with tea and pages is at the top of my favorites.

The cayenne peppers are ripening rapidly, so I will soon be taking the Field Produce Market to work to share.

No weekend would be complete without TOYS!!!!!  We've been playing a lot with Hutch, trying to get him back to his spunky little self...still not quite there, but he's getting better each day.

It may still be 95 degrees outside, but my inner clock is telling me that fall is on its way.  Don't worry, I haven't brought out the autumn decor yet, and we're still LOVING the pool...but I did hunker down and do some baking!!! 
SNICKER DOODLES!!!!

I had a little baking helper.

Minnesota mix for Rice Flour Muffins from Kara.  I added apple sauce, cinnamon, and fresh apples to spice 'em up a bit.  They're pretty good...of course not as good as Mom's apple muffins, but they'll do.  I'm sure my coworkers won't mind the breakfast and cookies tomorrow!

Focusing on God's direction right now.  Sometimes all it takes is to stop and listen.

No comments: