Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving In to Cheer

I finally gave in last night and plugged in the tree.  I decorated our home for Christmas VERY early this year, knowing that time was limited before my first Christmas party.  So while my home is decked with Christmas cheer, I have been so embarrassed of my pre-punctuality that I've fought the urge to turn on the lights.  I have even been pulling the shades so people can't see I've jumped the gun.

But last night, the smells of pot roast and the chilly air fought back, and they won.  I lit her up for all her glory (and notice I didn't even pull the shades!)

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Oh wait, I suppose it's WAY TOO EARLY to say that yet. :)

More appropriately, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
There are many blessings to be thankful for this year--some that stand out the most--time with family and friends thanks to visits and trips, stable employment, opportunity to pay off debt, and most of all, the reassurance that we have a loving Father who cares for the big and small situations in life.  We're thankful for the continual influence Jesse's dad has on our lives and decisions we make, and we're thankful that we have family who love us despite our mistakes and quirks.  We may devour a plateful of food tomorrow, but all the while, we're thinking of you!  We are thankful for YOU!

No comments: