Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Cookies, Candles, and ... a Comode?

This week has not been without unexpected surprises...and it's only Tuesday!  If the past two evenings are an indication of how the rest of the week will be, I better stock up on Tylenol and smiles.  Yesterday, I discovered a tick on Hutch's furry face and realized more than ever my inability to appropriately approach unexpected surprises.  (My father and mother are now shaking their heads and thinking she's just now figuring this out?)  The heart was pumping and mind racing for cures.  After an impromptu run to CVS to pick up supplies, the tick was plucked, and Hutch was looking at me in wonder as though he'd just endured Hurricane Sandy.  I admit it, when I tackle a problem, I don't mess around. 

This evening also had its own adventure...a broken toilet.  That's right--she decided to throw another party, and this time, she wasn't stopping.  The poor serviceman sweated over that toilet for two and a half hours, and she's still not quite complete.  At least I won't have a flooding toilet on my hands any longer...

The good news is this:  Hutch is bug-free and on preventative anti-biotics, and my apartment no longer smells like a dirty comode...instead it smells like delicious chocolate chip cookies and warm homey candles. 

Tomorrow is Wednesday...let's see what's in store!

No comments: