Thursday, November 15, 2012

Zzz.

One word...Oofta.  This week has been quite something.  But as always, I strive on busy schedules, somehow getting my energy from the same source that takes it away. But I have to admit, my tank is low.

I suppose I come by them naturally, but nonetheless, sleepless nights are getting old.  There's no rhyme or reason to my nightly patterns. Sometimes my body resists falling asleep, and other times it wakes up in the middle of the night wide awake and defying slumber.  Sleep aids aren't an option unless I want nightmares, and the old West family remedy of warm milk and bread no longer does the trick.

I'm hoping the weekend provides the opportunity to catch up on those missing REM hours.

Here's to hoping!

2 comments:

Tina McGovern said...

Try taking Melatonin about 45 minutes before you go to sleep each night. I even have an extra bottle if you want to try it. We can meet up at church this weekend :)

Heather Westbrooks said...

Thanks, Tina. Unfortunately Melatonin gives me terrible nightmares...wish I could take it though!