Friday, November 16, 2012

Victory!

As Miss Black would say, "It's Friday, Friday!" (Had to do it)

This week certainly had its moments of pure disarray--those moments when it feels like if one more thing gets put on your plate, you might combust into a cloud of black vapor.  But it also had its moments of victory.  Let's talk about those...

1.  Andy's basement flooded during Sandy, and the cleanup has been a process.  That isn't the victory, though I have to say, if I ever become a home owner, I will have some experience under my belt.  Andy doubted me when I told him he should make a claim with Home Owners.  I believe his exact wording was, "Heather, they're never going to give me a dime."  I told him to trust me and let me take care of it, which he followed up with, "Okay, Heather, I'll give you 20% of what they give me." Drum roll please....I made $1,200 this week.

2.  For some reason this season, I felt like being sick might be kind of fun. Having to curl up on the couch and stay home from work sounded good.  Call me crazy--I'll agree with you.  To demonstrate the craziness, I bought four different kinds of throat drops BEFORE I even had a problem.  Of course this was my demise because this week, my tonsils have been inflamed and throbbing.  I can't remember why I thought being sick might be fun...but the victory is that after three nights of early bedtimes, I think I have this under-wraps.  Thanks to lots of hot cups of tea and my ever available throat drops, I was prepared.

3.  I don't know that I have a third victory this week, but because I'm in the habit of listening to 3-point sermons, I figured I'd pop a third in here.  Victory number three will be that I watched less than one hour of television this week TOTAL.  How wonderful is that!?  Music has replaced the forgettable droll of television.

Well, that's all I've got for this crisp, cool morning.  I better tackle these stacks of papers so I can end this week with a fourth victory...ORDER.

No comments: