Monday, November 26, 2012

Surprise!

Hutch on the 20-hr. drive to MN
This last week was perhaps one of the best weeks I've had in quite some time.  The look on my dad's face when he opened the front door was priceless.  I'm pretty sure it took him a good thirty minutes before he finally accepted the fact that I was there.

Hutch and I drove the twenty-hour trek to Minnesota; leaving at 3:30pm on Friday and arriving at 11:30am the next morning. If I said it was a breeze, it would be the giddiness speaking. But in all honesty, the further I drove from the busy city life, the more relaxed I became.

Surprises are always fun, and I think the world needs more of them...but it was the quiet evenings spent at home with my parents that I treasure.  We didn't do a lot--at least in big city terms--but boy did we enjoy spending time together. The daily hugs, the many laughs, the gentle tears, and sitting around the table sharing our blessings all made my week off into a treasure.

Thank you, Dad and Mom, for a week to remember.

No comments: