Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Yummy Mondays

Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know that He is holy
Be still, O restless soul of mine
Bow before the Prince of peace
Let the noise and clamor cease
Be still

Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know that He is faithful
Consider all that he has done
Stand in awe and be amazed
And know that He will never change
Be still

Be still and know that he is God
Be still and know he is our Father
Come rest your head upon his breast
Listen to the rhythm of his unfailing heart of love
Beating for His little ones
Calling each of us to come
Be still

Can't get this song out of my head, and I wanted to share it with you!

Yesterday, I brought two GIGANTIC pans of Apple Turnovers to work (continuing with my Monday Treat plan). Needless to say, they were a hit.  Once again, I have requests to make more.  You'll be shocked when you see how easy these are. Below is the recipe my mom passed on to me, and now I'm passing it on to you!

EASIEST APPLE TURNOVERS

Ingredients:
8 Granny Smith Apples
2 Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 C Sugar
1 ½ sticks of butter
1 can of Mountain Dew

Instructions:
Grease 9x13 inch Pan.
Peel and quarter apples (remove core)
Wrap quarters in dough, pinching sides and place in greased pan.
Melt butter, sugar, cinnamon in pan or microwave. Pour butter mixture over dumplings.
Pour can of Mountain Dew over everything.
Bake for 45 Min at 350 degrees.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Thanks! Jason LOVED it. :-)

Kara said...

Haha that's the recipe I got from church's Apples of Gold program! They're good, but I like them wrapped in pie crust better. :-) Yummy yummy!